Five men were eating apples. A riddle can also be termed as a puzzle, and it is often worded in such a way that it makes a person ponder over its solution. You’re in a deep, dark jungle. You stop turning the switches, enter the room and know which switch controls the light bulb. What number am I?
9. What will you light first?
13. The ten thousands digit is 2 more than the thousands digit and the hundred thousands digit is 2 less than the ten thousands digit.
Riddles are nothing but brain teasers that stimulate a person’s mind. A woman shoots her husband, then holds him under water for five minutes. BSAINXLEATNTEARS
3. A finished before B, but behind C. On Tuesday he ate half of the remaining oranges. They were exhausted and fell asleep on the beach. My hundreds digit is eight less than my tens digit. Here we present to you a selection of interesting riddles.
? For Kids
1. My tens digit is five more than my ones digit. But, if you do share me, you don’t have me. My 3rd brother is just an illustration and my fourth is as wise as an owl. You want to build a house over there and need to carry the required stuff. He came upon a stream, which he had to cross and found a tiny boat to cross the stream. Outside the room there are 3 switches in the ‘off’ positions. The hundreds digit is 2 less than the tens digit. He could only take himself and one other — the fox, the goose, or the corn — at a time. What has a head, a tail, is brown, and has no legs?
6. Mom and Dad have four daughters, and each daughter has one brother. There was a shipwreck at sea and Doug, Steve, and Phil got washed ashore on a small, isolated island. What do you get when you cross a parrot with a tiger?
18. Each of them get their own apple. My 1st brother studies aerodynamics, my 2nd builds different engines. He could not leave the fox alone with the goose or the goose alone with the corn. If I say everything I tell you is a lie, am I telling you the truth or a lie?
9. I am a three-digit number. D finished before E, but behind B. Which vehicle is spelled the same forwards and backwards?
15. It dies hard!
8. I am not alive, but I grow; I don’t have lungs, but I need air; I don’t have a mouth, but water kills me. After teaching his class all about Roman numerals (X = 10, IX=9 and so on), the teacher asked his class to draw a single continuous line and turn IX into 6. About me? I am unanimous to whatever you say! Find us all!
6. Five minutes later they enjoy a wonderful dinner together. Next, Phil woke up and assuming no one had eaten the bananas, ate only 1/3 of what was left. A man went on a trip with a fox, a goose, and a sack of corn. How many oranges were originally in the bag?
10. He ate 1/3 of bananas and went back to sleep. What was the finishing order?
12. How does he get all of them safely over the stream?
Disclaimer: The choice of the riddles is mine and is not as per any board. Sadly, you have no boat, ship, or anything that you can use to transport all the material to the island! What will you do in order to carry the stuff to the island?
5. When he was finished, there were only 8 bananas left. There is this 6-digit number! The tens digit is 2 more than the ones digit. They are a great way to exercise your mind and entertain your friends and family. That is the reason why they lay on their side to keep themselves warm during winters! Do you know which side of these creatures have more hair?
4. What row of numbers comes next in this series?
7. What can you put in a wood box that will make it lighter?
17. If you know me then I am nothing, but if you don’t, then I am something, what am I?
2. Some riddles are witty, some are entertaining, and some clearly have double meanings. Now the hundreds digit is again equal to the thousands digit. How many people are in the family?
11. Doug woke up and saw a box of bananas had washed ashore. What stays where it is even after it goes off?
12. What am I?
5. Find the smallest sentence with all the English alphabets.
? For Adults
1. Remove six letters from this sequence to reveal a familiar English word. I am lighter than air but a million men cannot lift me up. When you have me, you feel like sharing me. If you disagree, then I might just agree with you about that!!. Why do chickens lay eggs?
3. The only stipulation the teacher made was that the pen could not be lifted from the paper until the line was complete.
14. You live in a place wherein, 6 months is extreme summer and the other 6 months, the mercury goes really, really down! You own a lake where there is a small island. You may turn the switches any way you want to. Steve woke up and also ate 1/3 of what was left of the bananas, and went back to sleep. How is it numerically possible?
14. A gorilla has more hair than a chimpanzee. You are standing in front of a room with one lightbulb inside it. There are 3 apples for 2 sons and 2 fathers to eat. 2. Finally, she hangs him. Why did the banana go to the doctor?
16. Joe bought a bag of oranges on Monday, and ate a third of them. What is it?
7. Can you guess how many bananas were in the box?
13. On Wednesday he looked in the bag to find he only had two oranges left. What am I?
8. What has two big ears, a trunk and is not an elephant?
4. You cannot see if it is ‘on’ or ‘off’. I have one, you have one.
If you remove the first letter, a bit remains.
If you remove the second, bit still remains.
After much trying, you might be able to remove the third one also, but it remains. What am I?
11. You have a matchstick, a wooden stove, and a lantern. No sooner spoken than broken. How?
15. How can this be?